Bowie Bash Amplified Call-to-Artist
The National Liberty Museum (NLM) is excited to announce our Philly Loves Bowie Pop-up Gallery and Art Sale, a part of Bowie Bash Amplified, from Friday, January 5, 2024 to April 8, 2024, as part of the Seventh Annual Philly Loves Bowie Week. The Pop-up Gallery and Art Sale are offered as companions to our winter exhibition, which will feature visual explorations of music as an expression of liberty, a beacon for courage, and an outlet for both personal and societal change.
David Bowie was a visionary and innovator in music, fashion, and self-expression. We invite artists to explore the liberating power of Bowie, his persona, and related iconography showcasing his impact on the worlds of music and performance. For the Philly Loves Bowie Pop-up Gallery and Art Sale, the NLM is looking for work in a range of scale and variety of mediums including but not limited to paintings, drawings, sculpture, jewelry, and fashion.
All participating artworks will be selected by an in-house jury at the NLM. Artwork chosen for the Pop-up Gallery will be separate from the Art Sale. If you would like your work to be listed for sale in addition, please designate in the application. If you choose to include your work in the Art Sale, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, in partnership with Philly Loves Bowie Week.
HOW TO APPLY
- Only complete applications will be reviewed for selection. Make sure to fill out all required fields and properly save and submit all files in the application form. APPLY HERE
- Please make sure to note whether your artworks will be a part of the art sale. General consignment details can be found in the application.
- You may apply with as many artworks as you would like for consideration. New works are welcome.
- If you need more time than the application deadline allows to create a new work, submitting either planning sketches, digital or drawn, or images of the work(s) in progress will be acceptable.
- The complete application needs to be submitted no later than Sunday, October 29, 2023, at 11:59pm EST. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
- We will notify all artists of our decision no later than Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
- If you are selected to be part of the Philly Loves Bowie Pop-up Gallery and Art Sale, your artwork must be received at the NLM on or before Friday, December 8, 2023, ready to install. Artwork delivery instructions will be outlined in your notification emails.
- If you are selected to participate, and you have chosen to list your artwork for sale, you will receive an official Artist Consignment form with your notification email.
Throughout the year, the National Liberty Museum publishes call-to-artists in support of our temporary exhibitions. These can range in medium and scope, so make sure to follow us on social media and check this page regularly. If you are interested in getting artist opportunities sent to you, please sign up for our Newsletter! Individual artists, collaborative groups, and creative organizations are encouraged to apply, and all mediums are welcome.
Below is a list of opportunities for artists to be involved in the National Liberty Museum outside of our call-to-artists and exhibition opportunities
Consignment in our Museum Shop
Our Museum Gift Shop includes a curated selection of works my local artists, artisans, and craftspeople. We are looking for pieces including, but certainly not limited to, prints, wearables, and ceramics. For more information on consignment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Gala & Auction
The Exhibitions team is always looking for innovative ways to transform our Museum and gallery spaces. If you have a proposal for an installation, mural, or exhibition, please email email@example.com.