In times of global distress, Philadelphia is here for you.
The National Liberty Museum is your home for heroes. We pride ourselves in bringing liberty to light. We do so through a curated collection of artworks that share stories of people whose character and courage have expanded liberty for all.
Our team works hard to inspire and encourage our visitors to explore liberty as an ongoing human quest we all share. In times like these we are more than just a team; we are a family and we are a part of a much larger picture; the community.
We would like to take this time to thank you for being an important member of the NLM community.
To show our gratitude, The National Liberty Museum has pulled together a curated list of resources that benefit not only our city of Brotherly and Sisterly love, but the artists and cultural institutions across the globe.
• Female Artists over 40 in the U.S: Annonymous Was A Woman Emergency Relief Grant
• Artists Living In These 9 States: Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation Grants for Artists
• Organizations Operating Out Of These 9 States: Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation Grants for Organizations
• National Endowment of the Arts: Relief Resources, Opportunities, & FAQs
• Artists Impacted by COVID-19 Closure & Cancellations: Artly World Nonprofit Arts Relief Project
• BIPOC Artists & Cultural Leaders (Black, Indigenous, People of Color): Arts and Culture of Color Emergency Fund
• Queer Writers of Color: Queer Writers of Color Relief Fund
• Craft Artists: CERF+ Emergency Relief Fund
• Individual Playwrights, Composers, Lyricists, & Book Writers: Dramatists Guild Foundation Emergency Grant
• Visual and Media Artists and Choreographers: The Rauschenberg Emergency Grant
• Artists Living In The U.S: Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grant
• Curatorial Arts: Kinkade Family Foundation Emergency Grant for Curators
• Professionals In The Creative Arts: Max’s Kansas City Project Emergency Grant
• U.S Musicians Of Any Genre: Musicians Foundation
• Writers in the U.S: PEN American Writers’ Emergency Fund
• Self-Employed Photographers: Format’s Photographer Fund
• New York Foundation for the Arts Emergency Grants
• Musicians & Music Industry Workers: Sweet Relief Musician Fund
• Artists & Organizations Impacted by COVID-19: Twenty Summers Emergency Arts Fund
• Documentarians: American Documentary COVID-19 Artist Emergency Fund
• Independent Artists & Activists: The Soze Foundation, Task Force, & Invisible Hand Artists & Activists Relief Fund
• Workers of the Entertainment Technology Industry Impacted by COVID-19: Behind TheScenes Grant
• Art Technicians: DIETL International Art Handlers Assistance
• Freelance Artists: Freelancers Union Freelancers Relief Fund
• Playwrights, Composers, Lyricists, & Librettists: Bret Adams & Paul Reisch Foundation Idea Awards COVID-19 Response Grant Lottery Entry Form
• Freelancers, Service Industry, and Gig Economy Workers: Leveler Peer to Peer Wealth Distribution
• Creators Impacted by COVID-19: Patreon’s What The Fund
• American Authors: Carnegie Fund for Authors
• Genre Writers: Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America Emergency Medical Fund
• Freelance Writers: American Society of Journalists and Authors Writers Emergency Assistance Fund
• Music Industry Professionals Impacted by COVID-19: MusiCares Foundation Financial & Addiction Recovery Assistance
• Independent Artist & Organizational Grants: The Pollock-Krasner Foundation
• Comic Books Writers, Pencilers, Inkers, Colorists, & Letterers: The Hero Initiative
• Artists in the U.S: The Artist Relief Initiative
• Artists & Cultural Strategists: The Opportunity Agenda’s Creative Change COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Stipends
Strength & Fragility: The Story of the NLM highlights the life of the Museum’s founder Irvin J. Borowsky, and how his belief in universal equality and liberty, as well as his passion for contemporary glass art, led to the creation of the National Liberty Museum. Strength & Fragility includes engaging archival material, stunning glass artwork, and immersive soundscapes. The centerpiece of the exhibition is a magnificent 9-foot-high glass canopy by Ulla Darni, entitled “The Peace Portal.” It features a custom sound bath experience, Seeds of Love, written and produced by Philadelphia-based sound artist Luna Maye, in collaboration with composer Alfiya Glow.
You'll find complete information here.
Since the NLM’s founding, a major component of our work has been our series of annual awards programs honoring the everyday heroes who live among us. This exhibition celebrates teachers, students, police officers, firefighters & first-responders, and healthcare professionals who have demonstrated extraordinary courage and made a difference in the lives of others.
Click here to learn more and purchase Museum tickets.