- This event has passed.
Read & Romp: Red: A Crayon’s Story
January 7 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Join us with your little learner, ages 2-6, for Read & Romp, an exciting hour of imaginative storytelling, interactive games, and creative crafts in the Museum’s galleries. Read & Romps are held twice a week, on Monday and Saturday mornings. Learn about the “story of the week” and choose the day that works best for you! Snacks and Museum admission are included.
This week our Museum Educators will read Red: A Crayon’s Story by Michael Hall. You’ll meet Red, a crayon with a bright red label who is, in fact, a blue crayon! As Red uncovers his true identity, he discovers that what makes him unique is an extraordinary gift. This powerful story is all about personal identity and the feeling of “fitting in.” You’ll explore the Museum galleries and create your own craft to take home.
This Read & Romp will also be held Saturday, January 12
COST & REGISTRATION – Click here to register!
• $10 for 1 child + up to 2 adults*
• $12 for 2 children + up to 2 adults*
• $15 for 3 or more children + up to 2 Adults*
• NLM Members attend for free. Call Bridget at 215-925-2800, x136 to reserve your place. To become a member click here.
*Additional adults pay regular admission at the door.
Read & Romp at NLM is designed for young visitors to explore themes found in the Museum like acceptance, respect, kindness, and more. Read & Romp is held on Mondays from 10:30-11:30am.
Scheduled Read & Romps:
• December 3, 2018, December 8, 2018, Nine Little Jellybeans Learn to Get Along
• December 17, 2018, December 22, 2018, What Do You Do With an Idea?
• January 14, 2019, January 19, 2019, The Story of Martin Luther King, Jr.
• February 11, 2019, February 16, 2019, One