The National Liberty Museum seeks an Operations Assistant that will contribute to the overall success of the organization by supporting the internal operations of the museum. Working with the Chief Operating Officer they will assist in managing the hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes, as well as assisting with day-to-day finance operations. The successful candidate will thrive in dynamic settings and be a dedicated self-starter with an eye for detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide support to all areas of the employment lifecycle, including pre-boarding & onboarding, payroll, managing employment records, immigration, policy distribution, and offboarding
• Lead recruitment efforts including drafting new employee contracts and working with managers to organize onboarding including all payroll, pension, IT and office access requirements
• Assist the Chief Operating Officer with day-to-day finance and HR procedures
• Review check requests, employee reimbursements, and accounts payable for accuracy, ensuring proper coding and documentation for all transactions, in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• 1-2 years’ experience working with finance, operations, or human resources
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with high level internal information
• Experience with Jira software a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Professional level verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity – can effectively cope with change, possesses the ability to decide and act without always having the total picture
• Focus on inclusivity – possesses a strong commitment to diversity, displays cultural sensitivity, competency, and professionalism in the workplace
• A passion for and commitment to the Museum’s mission.
• Staff will be asked to maintain a hybrid schedule with work being completed both in office and at home.
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or another legal basis).
• Salary range of 40K – 45K is based on experience and includes excellent benefits.
The National Liberty Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting, supporting, and investing in a diverse team of talented, creative, and passionate staff members who have a shared vision of our mission. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates that represent and embody the diversity found within our community to apply. Interested applicants are asked to please forward a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com.