Understanding & Reducing Unconscious/Implicit Bias
Although all of us possess Unconscious/Implicit Bias, learning what it is and how to recognize it can offer many benefits to individuals and the organizations in which they work. The 3-hour workshop introduces participants to the meaning of Unconscious/Implicit Bias, how it differs from Conscious/Explicit Bias, and how to implement two proven strategies to reduce their own Unconscious/Implicit Bias so they can work more effectively with others. The 6-hour workshop provides participants with a total of four proven strategies so they will not only reduce their own Unconscious/Implicit Bias, but also acquire the skills to effectively communicate with others on this subject without casting blame. As a result, participants can return to the workplace equipped to reduce the harmful Unconscious Implicit Bias that prevents their company/organization from achieving its workplace goals.
Results & Outcomes:
Participants in the 3-hour workshop will…
• Comprehend the differences between Conscious/Explicit Bias and Unconscious/Implicit Bias
• Examine the meanings of Helpful Bias and Harmful Bias
• Learn the origin of our Unconscious/Implicit Bias and how to challenge its expansion
• Be equipped with two proven Unconscious/Implicit Bias Reduction Strategies to implement in their workplace
Participants in the 6-hour workshop will achieve all of the above, plus they will…
• Learn effective communication skills to challenge Unconscious/Implicit Bias that others display without casting blame
• Be equipped with a total of four proven Unconscious/Implicit Bias reduction strategies to implement in the workplace
Please click here to submit your interest form. We will contact you shortly to confirm your request.
Each school year, the NLM's Young Heroes Outreach Program sends our educators directly into Philadelphia’s most underserved schools to teach students critical leadership skills and empower them to make positive changes in their school and community. This year our educators are teaching in twenty Title 1 schools, and more schools are waiting.
Click here to learn the remarkable things our Young Heroes have accomplished and how you can help us impact 5,000 more students!
This annual awards program, presented by YOUR LOCAL CHEVROLET DEALERS, honors police officers, firefighters, EMTs and other emergency responders for extraordinary acts of courage, empathy, and meritorious service. The 2019 Awards have been presented to this year's honorees, Please click here for the names of the winners.
Chevrolet supports first responders. Learn more.