Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
A fully inclusive workplace is one in which different identities, perspectives, and abilities are valued and heard. Research shows that inclusive practices heighten employee engagement and directly correlate with an organization’s success. The 3-hour workshop will introduce participants to the full meaning of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and how the various components can be combined to create an inclusive workplace. Participants will also learn how to gain more from the diversity that exists within their workplace by applying inclusive practices that support all the people within their organization. The 6-hour workshop takes the subject further by teaching participants how to develop an “Inclusive Mindset,” and how to apply effective communication strategies to become more inclusive. Participants will leave this workshop with the knowledge and strategies to begin creating a more inclusive workplace in their own organization.
Results & Outcomes:
Participants in the 3-hour workshop will…
• Learn the operational definitions of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion [DE&I] and how to combine them to create an inclusive workplace
• Comprehend the important difference between “Equity” and “Equality” as they pertain to Inclusion in the workplace
• Recognize the benefits of and obstacles to developing a fully-inclusive workplace
• Acquire methods to attain more value from Diversity though inclusive practices
Participants in the 6-hour workshop will achieve all of the above, plus they will…
• Learn how to develop an “Inclusive Mindset,” an essential factor in making inclusive practices habitual
• Acquire effective communication strategies, directly related to creating an inclusive workplace
Please click here to submit your interest form. We will contact you shortly to confirm your request.
Each school year, the NLM's Young Heroes Outreach Program sends our educators directly into Philadelphia’s most underserved schools to teach students critical leadership skills and empower them to make positive changes in their school and community. This year our educators are teaching in twenty Title 1 schools, and more schools are waiting.
Click here to learn the remarkable things our Young Heroes have accomplished and how you can help us impact 5,000 more students!
This annual awards program, presented by YOUR LOCAL CHEVROLET DEALERS, honors police officers, firefighters, EMTs and other emergency responders for extraordinary acts of courage, empathy, and meritorious service. The 2019 Awards have been presented to this year's honorees, Please click here for the names of the winners.
Chevrolet supports first responders. Learn more.