Developing Cultural Awareness
Developing Cultural Awareness is a necessary first step for any person or organization committed to mitigating unconscious bias, becoming fully inclusive, and becoming culturally competent. The 3-hour workshop will introduce participants to vital information and relevant strategies for developing their own diversity and cultural awareness. In the 6-hour workshop, your participants will not only learn to develop their own Cultural Awareness, but also become equipped to help others within their organization do the same so what they learn can be applied immediately to their workplace.
Results & Outcomes:
Participants in the 3-hour workshop will…
• Learn the “4 stages of Cultural Awareness”
• Learn what Cultural Awareness is and how it differs from Cultural Competency
• Comprehend the complete definition of diversity as it relates to Cultural Awareness
• Acquire tools to build their own Cultural Awareness
Participants in the 6-hour workshop will achieve all of the above, plus they will…
• Learn “The 4 Quadrants of Worldview Dimensions”
• Be equipped with two proven strategies to develop Cultural Awareness in their workplace
Please click here to submit your interest form. We will contact you shortly to confirm your request.
This annual awards program, presented by YOUR LOCAL CHEVROLET DEALERS, honors police officers, firefighters, EMTs and other emergency responders for extraordinary acts of courage, empathy, and meritorious service. The 2019 Awards have been presented to this year's honorees, Please click here for the names of the winners.
Chevrolet supports first responders. Learn more.
Join us with your little learner, ages 2-6, for Read & Romp, an exciting hour of imaginative storytelling, interactive games, and creative crafts in the Museum’s galleries.
The upcoming Read & Romps will be held on Monday morning October 21. Check our events calendar for complete details.